I have been using MythDora for well over 2 years now, thank you to all for your efforts to put this distribution together.
My setup is a dedicated backend, 7 tuners and a couple of front ends. About a week ago we started having issues with the CBS HD feed from Comcast and believe that something has changed with some of the shows, by trial and error it appears to be sounds related as I will explain in a moment.
The symptom is that the program is unwatchable (it hangs the frontend) and the ability to scroll through the list of recordings will also freeze. Suspecting a mythcommflag issue I rebuild the index files and all sorts of errors were generated on the recording in question (such as Cold Case). The back end log shows the following
2009-06-22 23:27:41.146 mpegts_read_header: could not find any PMT's
2009-06-22 23:27:41.147 AFD Error: avformat err(-1) on av_open_input_file call.
2009-06-22 23:27:41.147 Couldn't open decoder for: /mnt/storage1/recordings/3051_20090622220000.mpg
The file plays fine with mplayer on another machine so it isn't corrupt but ffmpeg stops with seg fault if I try to do anything with it, e.g.
Input #0, mpegts, from '3051_20090622220000.mpg':
Duration: 00:59:55.8, start: 45356.256867, bitrate: 16323 kb/s
Output #0, dvd, to 'test.mpg':
Stream #0.0: Video: mpeg2video, yuv420p, 720x480 [PAR 32:27 DAR 16:9], q=2-31, 6000 kb/s, 29.97 tb(c)
Stream #0.1: Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, 5:1, 448 kb/s
Stream #0.0 -> #0.0
Stream #0.1 -> #0.1
No accelerated IMDCT transform found
Press [q] to stop encoding
ffmpeg also doesn't report any audio streams with the recordings that fail, however the same ffmpeg command without audio processing (-an) runs fine.
Perhaps I should have asked how to upgrade ffmpeg within MythDora 5, but providing this background I am hopeful that someone else had the same issues and can provide guidance.