12.23 on OpenChrome (VIA EPIA) - the rough guide
Yeah ! Seems to work by initial testing. :-)
Here we go:
1. Install 12.23 (obviously don't pick any NVidia drivers)
2. yum install driconf
3. Run driconf from under System > Preferences
4. On the image quality tab set the extra texture surfaces to ON, save and exit.
5. Drop in your old xorg.conf (mine from MD4) but change driver name from "via" to "openchrome" (my SD PAL xorg is attached)
6. If you running an UniChrome chip, skip this step. If you are running a Unichrome PRO chip, then edit /etc/X11/XvMCCOnfig changing it to libchromeXvMCPro.so.1 then save and exit.
7. Reboot the box (or restart X)
8. Machine starts X but drops back to last resolution (640x480 for me). Change the display preferences inside X - you will see your resolution and refresh rate is now listed.
9. Play content and test.
I found that CPU on my EN15000G (1.5GHz C7) was less than 30% with SD content. Still stutters on HD input as it tries downscaling it on the fly. Those of you with Openchromes that can do mpeg2 above 1024*1024 should see HD working.
Cheers and thanks to all the hard working MythDora team !