PVR 150 Remote Breakage
I have looked around at a place to file a bug report about this topic, but I have not had any luck finding the appropriate forum. I have noticed other users post bugs here at the forum, so I will do so as well. Again, if this is the wrong place to do this, I am sorry.
I installed 12.23 last week on Dell Dimension 2400 with PVR-150 card and A415-HPG-A remote control with PVR-150 IR receiver/blaster that connects to the the card. Everything worked great out the box, except I was not able to access my tuner to watch live-tv after suspend/hibernate. That was a different issue altogether.
I built a homebrew media pc later on and installed 12.23, and ran it successfully for a few days until it died, (recycled parts sometimes die). So I decided to do a fresh install on the Dimension 2400 that I started with. I used the same 12.23 DVD install with updates and configured the remote as I did the the first time I installed mythdora, only it doesn't work anymore.
I reinstalled with two different remote configuration options.
1- I used the pvr remote that matched the image of mine. I used the lirc_i2c module, and configured with the blaster/receiver that I used before when it worked. It did not work this time.
2-I reinstalled and selected the pvr remote that matched mine. I used the lirc_zilog module, which works for this remote in mythbuntu, and again selected the same blaster/receiver. No dice again.
I tried 'sudo modprobe lirc_i2c' & 'sudo service lirc restart' and got nothing. I also tried 'sudo modprobe lirc_zilog' & reloading lirc again....but got nothing.
All I can assume, is that somewhere in the ugprades, there is breakage. I will try to reinstall like I did last week, excluding the updates and see if that fixes the issue. I will post back with my results regardless.
Again, I apologize if this is an inappropriate place to post this.